About Ainvie

My photo
Ainvie follows the exciting travel experiences of 3 friends Ainhoa, Elvie and Annie. These passionate travellers share their memories and offer a guided tour of their favourite places around the world.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

South of France .:The Dordogne:.

After our unforgettable stay in Paris, it was time to move to the quainter areas of France. Voyaging through the Dordogne with my dad behind the wheel of our silver manual car was my

favourite part of the journey. Travelling from town to town with my headphones permanently jammed in my ears, constantly listening to my new Michael Jackson CD on repeat; life couldn’t have been better. And even though the heating was on in the car and we were all rugged up from the unfamiliar cold with beanies and four layers of clothing, you could still tell how freezing it was outside. Much unlike Paris, the towns in the South of France were much smaller, quieter, more peaceful and the greater part of shops were all closed for the winter, almost convincing us they were to be abandoned forever.

Walking through the peaceful lit up towns at night gave me the perfect opportunity to clear my head. It made me think: I had seen movies set in Paris and remembering thinking “that’s not France, that’s just America with fairy lights”. So, actually being in France is one hundred times different to what you see on the television screen. Lolly shops were lit up with huge blocks of chocolate on display. Toyshops had evil puppets somehow moving their arms and legs. Even weapon shops had their silver knuckle-dusters and tomahawks right in the display windows.

As the air gets colder in Sydney, it absolutely makes me want to go back to the south of France. If you want to see true beauty, then I would say the Dordogne is the place to go.

Annie =]

No comments:

Post a Comment