About Ainvie

My photo
Ainvie follows the exciting travel experiences of 3 friends Ainhoa, Elvie and Annie. These passionate travellers share their memories and offer a guided tour of their favourite places around the world.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Philippines!

My heart was pounding with excitement as I was ready to jump out of my seat and run out of the plane to finally see my family relatives after two years! I have arrived in the Philippines. I was in for a memorable one month stay, where I celebrated Christmas and New Year surrounded by the people that mean so much to me.

Whilst visiting family relatives, my family wanted to show me around to understand my culture and get a feel of my country of origin. To do this, I took another plane ride to a small province in the Philippines known as Cebu. It was here, I traced back my family ancestry. Once I arrived, I visited my great, great etc.. Grandfather: Ferdinand Magellan, known as a famous Portugese explorer who discovered this small island; the Philippines. I was captivated by the amazing statues and building monuments dedicated to my ancestor and surprised by how much this small island admire him. It was travelling here, I felt connected and gained a sense of appreciation of my family heritage.

Travelling can also be a way of experiences different places and getting a feel for different cultures. But most importantly it can be a way to catch up and be with the ones that matter to you most. Visiting the Philippines for me was a memorable experience as I came back with a greater understanding and acceptance of my family heritage.



Elvie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment