About Ainvie

My photo
Ainvie follows the exciting travel experiences of 3 friends Ainhoa, Elvie and Annie. These passionate travellers share their memories and offer a guided tour of their favourite places around the world.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

New Zealand! to play some TENNIS

Yes, the main part of the trip to leave Australia was to play and improve our tennis skills, but really, I was just excited I was going to NEW ZEALAND where my favourite series of movies, Lord of the Rings was shot!! Visiting the rolling hills of "Hobbiton" and staring non stop at the beautiful mountains made my month. After just seeing those couple of sites, I could've gone back to Australia already satisfied.

Traveling to Aukland on our mini bus was close to the beginning of our itinerary. After seeing the shape of a penis been burnt into the grass on a close by field, we harshly demanded our bus driver (who was also our tennis coach) to stop the bus so we could jump out at full speed ahead to take hundreds of photos of it. I can't believe how immature I was looking back. But still thinking about it, at the age of 20 I think I would have done the same thing all over again. Once we finally reached Aukland, the first activity on the agenda was of course to play multiple matches of tennis. But after hours of grueling sets, out next stop was to the sky tower to see a movie! 5 of us made our way inside the amazing building, full of neon lights, arcade games and every possible thing that would draw a teenagers attention. However, the downside was that the movie was an epic fail and 4 of us ended up falling asleep half way through...Angelina Jolie didn't even keep some of the boys awake.

When we all heard "yes we're almost in Rotorua" all we could think of was the SMELL! As soon as we got out of the bus, that unpleasant stench wafted up our nostrils, almost making my friend ill. Luckily though, it didn't take too long for us to get used to it and were all happy to actually GO OUTSIDE and have a relaxing time in the hot springs. A place you could stay in forever.

And if you are in fact really looking for a place to stay in forever, let me tell you, New Zealand certainly wouldn't be a bad choice!!

Annie :) :)

p.s. want some more info on NZ? Check out this blog! >> http://newszealand.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment