About Ainvie

My photo
Ainvie follows the exciting travel experiences of 3 friends Ainhoa, Elvie and Annie. These passionate travellers share their memories and offer a guided tour of their favourite places around the world.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Singapore!

After two delayed flights! we finally arrived at our stop over; Singapore. Once we arrived at the hotel, sleep was essential as we were out for a frenzied two-day stay. It was morning and sightseeing was the first on the list. The tour bus picked us up from the hotel and we were on our merry way around Singapore. Sightseeing included some famous monuments such as the Merlion and other cultural attractions that reflect the cultural diversity of Singapore.

The highlight of the day tour was visiting Little India. I felt this small community offered a different experience, where I was immersed by the fusion of colours, sounds and the spice-scented streets. The variety of unusual items such as ethnic jewellery, woodcarvings and silverware were intersting and also cheap to buy! However, I had to refrain from buying as going through customs would be a PROBLEM!

Overall, one thing I found fascinating while walking through Little India is the unique mix of Chinnese, Indian and Arabic cultures comming together showcasing their ethnicity in harmony. Seeing that, I instantly feel inlove with Little India and believe is another side of Singapore that people must comes and visit.

Later that night we visited the Night Safari. It was a remarkable experience seeing animals at night feeding in the wild. The Safari trails were amazing! as it was the best way to experience and get a feel of the Safari environment. Though it was a frightening experience as my family and I along with our tour group walked through the zoo in complete darkness. It felt like we were in an Indiana Jones movie! You can really hear the sounds of snakes rattling, insects chirpping and other carnivorous animals which felt like they were let out of their cage wandering around aimlessly, but it was all part of the experience and I enjoyed every minute of it!

My night Safari experience did not end there! we headed to the amphitheatre where a live show of the animals were held. It was a moment to never forget as a PYTHON WAS FOUND UNDERNEATH MY CHAIR! Acting calm and relaxed the python was removed carefully, but I knew it was all part of the act. I was relieved to not be choosen for audience participation to have the Python placed around my neck! The night Safari was a great way to wrap up my two-day stay in Singapore.

Singapore is known as a multi-national country filled with interesting cultures. Although my stay was for a short period, I had a great time and would go again if I do have the chance to.

Elvie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment